Nigerian Dairy Development Program (NDDP) Impact Evaluation Request for Proposals
Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Ltd (Sahel) is seeking a firm to conduct an impact study on the Nigerian Dairy Development Program (NDDP). NDDP is a processor-led dairy development program implemented by Sahel in partnership with leading dairy processors FrieslandCampina Wamco and L&Z Integrated Farms in Oyo and Kano States, respectively.
NDDP is geared towards improving the livelihoods of smallholder dairy farmers in Nigeria by enhancing the productivity of their cattle and integrating them into the formal dairy value chain in Nigeria. It includes the following interventions:
- Farmer Identification and Cluster Formation.
- Productivity Improvement Interventions (including breeding & genetics, feed & fodder and training & extension).
- Infrastructure Investments (including milk collection a& evacuation infrastructure, water resources and milk cans)
- Studies (including baseline, gender and nutrition studies).
The scope of work for the impact evaluation encompasses developing a detailed study plan (including evaluation questions and survey methods), collecting data from relevant stakeholders using various survey instruments, analyzing the data and developing reports (including recommendations based on the study findings).
The study in its entirety (including research design, implementation and writing of the report) is to be completed by the end of January 2019.
Responses to this RFP must include the following:
- Basic Requirements: prior experience and/or a background in conducting and implementing impact evaluation on projects benefitting smallholder farmers in Nigeria; understanding of the local language(s) (Hausa, Fulfulde, and Yoruba); availability to conduct the study between September 2018 and January 2019
- Technical Proposal: including proposed impact evaluation questions, sample size, approach & methodology, workplan
- Proposed Personnel: including roles, bios and CVs
- Corporate Capability & Past Experience: including three references
- Price Proposal: with detailed breakdown of costs associated with all activities outlined in the scope of work in Naira
- Corporate Information: including registration and tax documents
Proposals of not more than 15 pages in length, excluding additional materials (such as CVs in separate annexes that will not count towards the 15-page limit), should be emailed to Deji Ojo (email@example.com) and Nathalie Ebo (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 10th of September 2018. The deadline for questions and inquiries about the proposal is 3rd of September 2018.